Year 10 Revision
Preparing Eﬀectively for Examinations
These mock examinations take place at important junctures in Key Stage 4. They will support both teachers and pupils to precisely identify areas of strength and key development areas. In addition, it will support pupils to reﬂect on how eﬀective their revision has been.
Teachers will continue to prepare pupils for these mock examinations by providing them with materials to revise from and a clear schedule of revision. This may include access to some of the online platforms that the school has purchased for pupils to access; details of these are below. It is therefore important that pupils are supported to revise as eﬀectively as possible at home. Each Thursday in their form times, pupils will be supported to develop revision techniques. The materials that have been used will be shared with parents/carers below.
Below are some suggestions about how you can best support your child to revise eﬀectively:
- Ask them to show you the revision timetable that they have produced in their form times.
- Support them to identify a space in which they will revise which is free from distraction.
- Make sure that they are hydrated and have healthy snacks available.
- Encourage them to talk to you about what they have revised.
- Make sure that leisure activities are planned in the week to avoid an overload of revision.
- Support them to establish and keep a strong routine of sleep with the very least of eight hours a night.
Y10 Mock Examinations
Pupils in Y10 will be taking their first set of mock examinations in May. Below is a copy of their mock examination timetable.
Please click here to download a copy of the Year 10 Mock Timetable